Belinda: Principessa del pop e Icona della moda

Belinda

Although the two-time Latin Grammy Award nominee began her career as an actress at the young age of 10, it was the music industry that would eventually embrace Belinda Peregrín Schüll and ultimately crown her as one of Latin pop music’s princesses.


While pop fans embrace her music, fashionistas admire her wardrobe choices — always wearing the latest trends either in a music video, on the red carpet or her every day adventures. Known as a stellar singer, songwriter and performer, she is one of the few artists who has five-year-old girls and 25-year-old women equally excited about her music and her latest fashion discoveries.
Now, after a short period break following her 2010 release “Carpe Diem”, Belinda returns with “Catarsis”, a release that introduces her fans to a new exploration of sounds as well as to the Mexican singer’s take on the electronic dance music known as dubstep.
Featuring collaborations with Pitbull, Don Omar and Omega, the new album presents a more mature Belinda; one that is willing to dive further into musical experimentation and one that —  as the album’s first single “En El Amor Hay Que Perdonar” states —  has learned to forgive in order to love to the fullest.

What cathartic moment inspired this album?
Both in my personal and professional life I’ve gone through various experiences that have shaped my life in one form or another. I think I just got to a point in my career where I wanted to explore new styles of music; but I think getting older has a lot to do with that need to try new things as well.
Did you discover anything new about yourself while working on this album?
I like to be involved in editing my videos and other things here and there, but I learned that one of my greatest passions is definitely to write music, to incorporate all of my experiences in songs and to allow myself to discover new sounds.
What new rhythms are included in this album?
Dubstep, electro-merengue and ballads; when they’re fused with my distinct pop style I like to call the genre “urban pop”.
Dubstep is very popular in the US, what made you want to introduce it to the Latin market?
I feel in love with the sound since I first heard it in London a long time ago. I really wanted my fans from Latin America to get familiar with the sound and in the song “Bailaría Sobre el Fuego” they get to hear my version of it. It’s fun and very danceable.
In “En El Amor Hay Que Perdonar” are you asking for forgiveness or offering it?
The song is really up for interpretation but the message to it is that if you really love someone, you have to learn to forgive them. In every situation forgiveness plays a very important role because it’s a universal feeling. In the case of families or nations, sometimes we forget what’s really important. We have to learn to forgive without holding grudges.
Going back to getting older, what advice would you give your 15-year-old self?
That the most important thing to do is live and learn that everyday you will have new things to enjoy. Whether it’s in love, with friends or parties, you have to do everything with your heart and without fear.
Even fall in love?
Of course, I had my first heartbreak at age 15, which is when you start to fantasize about being in love and when you first discover it. But like my first single says, “in love you must forgive”.
What artists would you like to work with in the future?
Nicki Minaj was the inspiration to “Mister Sweet Face”; I love her sound and personal style, so working with her would be great.
Since we’re going into a new season, what are some of your fall fashion staples?
I can’t go without a good pair of boots, cool sunglasses, a coat and a huge purse!

Fonte:  Quinceanera.com

Commenti